2017 Sizzler Amateur
June 10-13, 2017
Troon North Golf Club (Pinnacle)
ENTRY FORM: 2017 Sizzler Amateur Entry Form
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Saturday, June 10: Practice Round
Sunday, June 11: First Round tee times begin at 6:30 am
Monday, June 12: Second Round tee times begin at 6:30 am
Tuesday, June 13: Final Round tee times begin at 6:30 am
PARTNERSHIP WITH SOUTHWESTERN AMATEUR: The Sizzler will take place immediately before Southwestern Amateur June 14-17 at nearby Desert Mountain Club. For more information on the Southwestern Am go to their web site at www.swga.net. We encourage players to play in both events as it will be a unique opportunity to compete at two major amateur events on several of the best golf courses in the world and limit travel expenses. Letter from the Southwestern and the Sizzler:
INFORMATION: The Sizzler Amateur is an established national golf championship for NCAA purposes and it will take place at world-class Troon North Golf Club, the premier daily fee facility in Scottsdale June 10-13. It is being conducted immediately before the Southwestern Amateur at Desert Mountain June 14-17.
ENTRY FEE: The entry fee is $435 and includes all golf over the four days of The Sizzler, player gift, player carts, practice facility usage, bottled water, and 20% player/guest discount. $125 of a full entry fee is non-refundable at all times.
ABOUT TROON NORTH: Troon North Golf Club combines iconic golf with the visual sensation of desert landscape, providing a golfing standard unmatched in the American Southwest. Troon North is revered as the crown jewel of golf in Scottsdale and both the Pinnacle and Monument courses rank among the game’s best. The service and treatment at Troon North is consistent with the best golf experiences in the world. Troon North is considered one of the premier golf facilities in the world and is ranked accordingly by every major golf publication.
ENTRY CRITERIA: A player is eligible if they submit a completed, paid application by the deadline below and space is available at the time of entry. To be eligible to play, a player must not be an NCAA prospect who has matriculated to college by June 10, 2017, and whose handicap does not exceed 2.0.
EXEMPT CRITERIA: EXEMPT ENTRY DEADLINE is MAY 1, 2017
1. Top 250 in closest ranking to May 1, 2017, in the 2016-17 men’s Golfstat or Golfweek Collegiate Rankings (Division I)
2. Top 1500 players in Scratch Players World Amateur Golf Rankings
3. Top 1000 players in World Amateur Golf Rankings
4. Top 50 finishers and ties in 2017 Saguaro Amateur
5. Top 20 finishers and ties in the 2016 Gobbler Amateur
6. All members-in-good-standing of all college teams in the Pac-12, Mountain West, and Big 12 Conferences in 2016-17
7. All 2016 or 2017 champions of major state amateur or mid-amateur championships
8. All participants in 2016 US Mid-Amateur and Amateur Championships
9. All members-in-good standing of all college golf teams (ALL LEVELS) in Arizona, Colorado, and Wyoming
10. Individual tournament champions of Univ. of Colorado and Univ. of Wyoming tournaments in 2016-17
11. All past champions of Gobbler and Saguaro Amateurs–JOHN SOUZA TANNER HUGHES WES ARTAC
12. One exemption per club for clubs who participated in 2016 Troon Cup at discretion of that club’s Director of Golf
13. Designated sponsors exemptions (see separate sponsor sheet)
TOURNAMENT ENTRY DEADLINE—May 25, 2017. The Exempt Player Deadline is May 1, 2017 and all entries must be received by May 25 (unless the field fills earlier).
ENTRY FORM: To enter, download the entry form here: 2017 Sizzler Amateur Entry Form. Print, complete fully, and scan and return to R@saguaroamateur.com. You can also mail with a check to Saguaro Amateur; 6998 Indian Peaks Trail; Boulder, CO 80301. Entry forms MUST include full payment of $435, either by check or credit card. The entry fee of $435 includes all golf for four days (practice round and 54-holes of tournament golf, player cart, bottled water, player gift, 20% discount, and all practice facility usage).
PRACTICE ROUND: Saturday, June 10. Tee times are the responsibility of the player. More information will be available as we get closer to The Sizzler.
DISCOUNTS: All players and their guests will receive a 20% discount off of all food, beverage (non-alcoholic), and golf shop merchandise at Troon North Golf Club over the course of the tournament days. The golf course will provide a discount card for you upon arrival.
LODGING: There is no private, host housing available for this event. The details are below:
*There is no host housing available for the Sizzler Amateur